From January 2020, if you hold a non EU passport you can still stay in France for longer than 90 days by applying for long-stay visa which is a fairly straight forward process.
You can apply for a long-stay visa online through the France Visa’s website
Please see below the list of requirements in order to apply for the visas.
• A passport which was issued less than 10 years ago which is also valid for at least 3 months longer than the date on which you intend to leave France, so at least three months longer than the expiry date of the visa requested. You will also need 2 blank pages in your travel document.
(When applying be sure to scan ALL PAGES of your travel document containing visas, entry and exit stamps or any other inscription)
• An ID photograph.
• If you are not a national of your country of residence: proof that you are legally resident in that country (e.g. residence permit).
Travel and Health Insurance
• If you are planning to stay for up to 6 months you must have a valid EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) or GHIC (UK Global Health Insurance Card) card.
• For stays over 6 months you will need private health insurance which covers your entire validity of the visa.
• Proof of residency in France. A signed rental agreement from us is your ticket to the snow!
• You will need to show your last 3 months of bank statements (UK account/savers) showing your full name and address, as evidence that you have enough funds for the whole duration of your stay. If you are financially sponsored by your spouse/partner you will need a copy of your marriage certificate and their bank statements.
The long-stay visa does not cover you to carry out any professional activity or work in France for the duration of your stay.
It is recommended that you apply for your long-stay visa at least 20 days before your intended departure date, the Consulates across the UK are currently operating on reduced hours due to the pandemic. The current opening times are
To get started fill out the following online application form CLICK HERE
and ensure you have all your documents to hand when applying.
To make an appointment online for your visa application interview please CLICK HERE